Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ansel Elgort Signs with Island Records as DJ Ansolo

The 'Divergent' star dives deeper into dance music with a new label deal.

Actor Ansel Elgort is the newest addition to the Island Records roster, Billboard has learned.

Representatives for Island Records confirmed the signing to Billboard today (Sept. 8). The Fault In Our Stars and Divergent star, known in the dance world as Ansolo, signs with the label that's home to Nick Jonas and Fall Out Boy as a DJ-producer

Ansel Elgort AKA DJ Ansolo

after releasing several remixes through Swedish House Mafia alum Steve Angello's Size Records, appearing at Electric Zoo and scaling the Beatport charts with debut single "Unite" in 2014.

Watch Ansel Elgort Dance Through the Years, From the Charleston to the Nae Nae

Speaking with Billboard in January, Elgort, who is representing by CAA, addressed the stigma that sometimes comes with crossing over from movies to music. "I'm going to battle with credibility my whole career as Ansolo, because people will just say I'm an actor trying to get into this," he said. "But I have no need to get into this. My acting is going great. I don't want to make more money. If I did, I wouldn't be making groovy house music."

Related Post

No comments:

Post a Comment